Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Decorate with Family Recipes

College photo of my grandmother- Lovely handwriting!


This idea gives you a creative way to preserve and display family recipes. Here are the steps to honor the cooks of your past:
  • Determine the space available to display recipes.
  • Purchase small frames. I chose frames with clips which are easy to assemble.
  • Choose a recipe from each relative. Hand-written ones gives us a sense of the loved one's personality. 



Little Rosco and Jam Cake

  • Cut paper or thin fabric to make a background that coordinates with your kitchen.
  • Place the original or a scanned copy of the recipe on the background.
  • Add a small picture. It is nice to use a photo of the recipe's author if you have one.

To the right is a "Jam Cake" recipe written by my husband's grandmother. It seemed fitting to use a childhood photo of my husband's father. He must have just loved it when his mama made cake!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. I have a few family recipes that are secret...
    maybe I could leave out an ingredient or change some to add mystery. haha

    ReplyDelete