Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jewelry Frame

A jewelry frame is great because

  • It's functional as well as decorative.
  • It allows you to view all jewelry at once and quickly make your selection. 
  • It helps you identify and weed out the jewelry you no longer use or like.



The 6 easy steps to make one of your own
1) Remove the glass from the frame you choose.
2) Cut a piece of heavy cardboard to fit the frame.
3) Cover the board with your choice of fabric. I used duct tape to attach a scrap of black velvet to the cardboard.
4) Fit the board into the frame. You may need to add more cardboard backing to get a tight fit. Secure backing to the frame with duct tape (greatest invention ever).
5) Measure and cut a piece of wrapping paper to cover the back.  I used household glue to attach this to the back.
6) Attach hardware and hang the frame. Hang jewelry with straight pins or thumbtacks.
                                                                    Admire your creativity!

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea Laury! I am making one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just need to do this!! good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea. I have old frames and right now my jewelry is in a pile. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Laury! I've been looking for something for my jewelry - this is perfect! You inspire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laury, this is beautiful and inspirational. I love that you take the simplest things and make them extraordinary .

    Miss you!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad! Let us know how all these turn out!

    ReplyDelete